Institution announcing the call:
Ministry of Education and Science
Purpose of the call:
“Grants for grants – Quality promotion IV (Horizon Europe)” programme under which funding may be requested with regard to drawing up of a project proposal submitted in a call for proposals in research programmes of the European Union (UE). The support is addressed to the research entities and universities which, in the project proposal submitted in the call for proposal of the European Commission were named:
- a project coordinator under international or national consortium,
- a leader of a package/packages in a project under the international or national Consortium (WP leader),
- an individual applicant
- pursuing a project beneficiary status of Marie Skłodowska Curie COFUND type,
- a co-leader of a package/packages in a project submitted to implementation under international or national consortium (WP co-leader),
- pursuing the status of a host entity of a researcher implementing the ERAC grant (in the case of European Research Council calls). The call for proposals to the MEiN is permanent and is open from 26 September 2022
In order to take part in the call it is required that the project proposal achieve:
- The final evaluation by the EC, at least at the Threshold level, with the reservation that if: o the evaluation criteria established by the EC define the Threshold level for individual evaluation criteria it is required to achieve at least the Threshold level in each of the criteria, o the project proposal results from completing or improving the project proposal for which funding was granted under one of the previous editions of the “Grant for grants” programme, it is required to achieve the final evaluation by the EC at the higher level than the one achieved previously.
- Evaluation at A level in the I stage of the call for the ERC grant and invitations to the II stage of the call, and in the case of the ERC call –PoC– the final evaluation at A level.
General terms of the call and the preparation of proposals:
- An applicant can apply for refinancing of costs of drawing up the project proposal borne within 12 months prior to its submission to the call of the EC or the ERC, related to:
- exploration of thematic scope of the project proposal,
- preparation, complement, or improvement of the project proposal,
- applicant’s participation in conferences, brokerage events or networking meetings related to the drawing up of the project proposal,
- launching working meetings of international or national consortia (WP leader), or project team, or participation in such meetings.
- An applicant can apply for a one-off benefit added to the salary of their staff employed on the basis of the Labour Code who have been engaged in the drawing up of the project proposal. In Jagiellonian University the benefit shall be paid in the form of a one-off benefit, pursuant to the Regulations of remuneration for Jagiellonian University employees introduced by the Ordinance no 23 of 16 February 2022 by the JU Rector.
- Indirect costs, costs of the purchase of fixed assets, tax on goods and services (VAT), costs of basic salaries of the applicant’s employees are not entitled to be refunded.
Form of submitting proposals:
- The proposal shall be submitted not later that within 60 days from the day of receiving the final evaluation of the project proposal made by the EC under the final system of points specified for a given call for proposals, and in the case of the applicant who has been pursuing the status of a host entity of a researcher implementing the ERC grant - within 60 days from the day of receiving the information form the ERC on entering the II stage of the call.
- The applicants whose proposals had been evaluated by the EC, or who had received an invitation to the II stage of the call for the ERC grant before 26 September 2022, can submit their proposals within 60 days from the day of opening the call for proposals.
- The MEiN requires that the proposals be submitted only via the ZSUN/OSF electronic submission system (Zintegrowany System Usług dla Nauki/Obsługa Strumieni Finansowania) accessed through the website:
continuous call (within 60 days from the day of opening the call for proposals)
JU internal regulations:
Pursuant to the Ordinance no 56 of JU Rector 11 July 2016 on: The procedure for drawing up and implementing projects funded from external sources at Jagiellonian University persons interested in entering the call (with the exception of JUMC entities) are asked to deliver to the RSC at least 10 days before the date of submitting the proposal:
- the proposal draft (a pdf file) or to provide a call assistant at the RSC with the access to the proposal in the ZSUN/OSF system in the form of an assistant editor. The call assistant will review and verify the formal eligibility of the proposal;
- Once the information from the call assistant at the RSC has been received and the work on the proposal has been finished, it is necessary that the declaration to proposal be generated from the ZSUN/OSF system and the proposal be downloaded; then, deliver to the address of the call assistant at the RSC:
- the final version of the proposal in the form of a pdf file, named in accordance with the template: Surname and first name of the project principal investigator, document’s date (Kowalski_Jan_GrantynaGranty_30-09- 2022), signed with a qualified electronic signature by the project principal investigator and the head of JU organisational entity acting as a host entity (that is Dean, Director/Head of other organisational entity);
- the declaration to the proposal with the qualified electronic signature of the head of the entity acting as a host entity for the project (that is Dean, Director/Head of other organisational entity).
In the ZSUN/OSF system, in the electronic sending part it is required to attach The declaration to the proposal signed by JU authorities, which will be send by the call assistant at the RSC to the indicated email addresses.
Please bear in mind that sending the proposal via the ZSUN/OSF system cannot be reversed and prevents later modifications. In light of the above, the proposal in electronic form should be sent only once the required signatures have been obtained.