Tasks of the research discipline councils
- conferment of academic degrees in an appropriate discipline, save in degrees being conferred by the JU Senate, pursuant to the provisions of the JU Statute;
- validation of diplomas concerning awarding an academic degree;
- adoption of strategic plans for the advancement of an appropriate discipline at Jagiellonian University;
- participation in establishment of criteria for the assessment of research achievements in a given discipline for the purpose of the interim evaluation of academic teachers.
- cooperation with other research discipline councils in shaping and implementing the programme of doctoral schools as well as in making contribution to the project of the joint research strategy at the University;
- preparation of a discipline for the quality evaluation of research activity.